On 27 September 2023, CSAM Health Group AS changed its name to Omda AS. For articles on historical events such as transactions, financial results etc. we will not retroactively change the name.
CSAM Health Group AS (“CSAM”), the leading provider of niche eHealth solutions in the Nordics, today announced that they have acquired MedSciNet AB, a provider of benchmark eHealth solutions within clinical research. Bringing the Swedish company and its broad customer portfolio into the CSAM family of eHealth solutions strengthens the Nordics leader’s presence in Europe and establishes a footprint in North America.
– “Analytics is a game-changer moving forward, and a substantial growth area both in healthcare in general, and also for CSAM,” says Sverre Flatby, CEO, CSAM.
– “An exciting new niche area for CSAM, the Health Analytics space taps clinical trials, quality registers and Bio banks to gather health information. The Software-as-a-Service products from Swedish MedSciNet also provide key insight into what and how health data can increase the quality of healthcare services, and the outcome of healthcare within maternity care, cancer, and much, much more.”
The addition of the MedSciNet to the CSAM eHealth product portfolio enables the company to strengthen its total solutions offering to a broad and growing customer base of hospitals and other key healthcare providers.
-“We are very pleased that MedSciNet CEO, Camilla Björk, has agreed to join CSAM as domain manager for the newly established growth area of Health Analytics, continues Flatby. Her long experience and leadership in the analytics arena will prove to be a highly valuable asset to the CSAM team and our strategy to grow in the analytics segment. In addition, MedSciNet’s owners will continue in an advisory board capacity.”
– The signing took place May 30th, and the closing of the acquisition will take place May 31st, 2021
– Consulting firms RSM and Haavind have acted as advisors on Financial and Legal matters
– MedSciNet reported sales of 14.4 MSEK last accounting period with a reported EBITDA-margin of 8%
– The agreed transaction price is 24 MSEK and is settled in cash
MedSciNet specializes in custom tailored solutions, design and development of web applications and online database systems for clinical research. Started in 1995 by clinical researchers at the Swedish Karolinska Institute, the company has offices in London, Vilnius, and Stockholm.
The Swedish eHealth company offers CTF (Clinical Trial Framework) software-as-a-service, in the form of web-based solutions for clinical trials and studies, quality registries, medical biobanks and other applications for clinical research. MedSciNet products are designed to meet the strict requirements for system integrity, security, and stability that are essential for critical medical research applications in compliance with stringent quality standards of ISO 27000 and ISAE 3402 certification.
CSAM’s growing family of benchmark eHealth solutions
CSAM’s strategy is to gather the best e-health software services solutions on the market into one unique family to provide a complete portfolio of benchmark. CSAM is harnessing best-of-breed European technology and solutions to empower its customers to do what they do best.
Interim Communications Director
+47 41 45 80 43
Chief Financial Officer
+47 91 55 45 32
CSAM has established itself as a leading Nordic niche player in the specialised eHealth market with a unique blend of best-in-class innovative technology, and outstanding human skills. The company’s diverse portfolio of software solutions enables healthcare providers to access relevant clinical information at the point of care. CSAM’s commercial headquarters are located in Oslo, Norway. The company also has local offices in Tromsø, Stockholm, Karlstad, Gothenburg, Uppsala, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oulu, Tampere, Valencia, Vilnius, London and Warwickshire, as well as a wholly owned software engineering subsidiary in the Philippines.
For more information, visit www.csamhealth.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.